This page contains how-to articles, some computer programs related to archery, and links to a few web sites. If you have something you believe would be useful to your fellow bowhunters, or have a request, please contact us.
MBI Landowner Permission Form: MS Word Permission Form PDF Permission Form
Do It Yourself
- Skin and Process a Deer in 10 Minutes Without Gutting It – A Deer and Deer Hunting YouTube video
- Tick Repellent (PDF file) make-your-own-permethrin-based-tick-repellent
- European Deer Mount – a good Whitebone Creations Hunting YouTube video about how to do it yourself
- European Deer Mount – by Ron Kulas, WI European Mount Process PDF
- Make Your Own Warm Suit for Hunting. Combine the features in the top three commercial suits – by Ron Kulas, WI Warm Suit Link
Free Topo Maps from TopoQuest
A great resource for USGS topographic map viewing, and free downloads of USGS DRG (GeoTIFF) digital map files.
Search by map name or for a populated place, geographic landmark, man-made object or other place or feature.
You can find, view, save and print these types of maps:
– 1:24K USGS topographic maps (United States)
– 1:100K USGS topographic maps (United States
– 1:250K USGS topographic maps (United States)
– 1m satellite/aerial imagery (United States and Canada)
– Canadian 1:50K topographic maps
Hunting & Bow Info
The Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks: The Basics of Bowhunting (a YouTube video)
The Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks: Advanced Bowhunting Video
A lesson in proper shot placement and shot selection.
- Considering Buying a New Bow? Link to: Hunters Friend Website
- Easton Archery Bow Tuning Guide – Easton Tuning Guide
- Find a Pope and Young Club Official Measurer – Link to P&Y website
Skin Your Deer the Easy Way (but do it soon after the kill) – Skin Deer Video
- Sunrise/Sunset Calendars for a City Near You: Minnesota Iowa Nebraska North Dakota South Dakota Wisconsin Other states
- Believe in moon data? Get moon rise, set and overhead (transit) info here
- Print Slider Sight Tapes from Your Computer. Sight in at 20 & 60 yards then select the tape that matches those marks. Once you have the correct tape you should waterproof it before installing. There are sprays available or you could laminate it. A thin double-face tape can be used to install the sight tape. You could also use the printed slider tape to set your multiple pin sights!
Thank you RedHawk Archery!
Want to have a FREE full-featured office suite similar to Microsoft Office? Download and install LibreOffice, a great FREE office suite that can even work with documents created with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint! It can even save your documents in pdf format. There are LibreOffice versions that run on Microsoft Windows, Macintosh and GNU/Linux. Click on the image to go to the website for more information and download.