The purpose of MBI shall be to foster, protect and preserve the sport of bowhunting and archery for current and future generations.
- Present our membership’s positions to government officials, departments and legislators.
- Support efforts to increase opportunities for archers to hunt on public and private lands.
- Educate hunters and the general public on the values of archery and hunting.
- Promote and work to maintain high quality wildlife habitat in Minnesota.
- Promote good sportsmanship, good hunting ethics, and safe hunting practices.
- Support enforcement of regulations which curtail the illegal or unethical taking of wildlife.
- Provide opportunities for archers to meet, share experiences, engage in friendly competition and develop a fraternal spirit.
MBI Actions, Efforts & Support
- Minnesota Deer Density Initiative (MDDI)
- MN Annual Game Fair Archery Kid’s Shoot and Aerial Shoot
- Additional Spring turkey bowhunting opportunities
- National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP)
- Initiated action which led to defeat of a congressional proposal to eliminate bear baiting on national lands
- MN Constitutional amendment guaranteeing right to hunt and fish
- Permanent funding for DNR Fish & Wildlife Programs
- MN court case which upheld the Hunter Harassment Law challenge by anti-hunters
- DNR Archery Range matching grant funding
- Metro Bowhunters Resource Base
- MN Archery Hall of Fame
- Pope & Young Club Museum
- U.S. Sportmen’s Alliance
- North American Bowhunting Coalition
- United Foundation for Disabled Archers (UFFDA)