Welcome to MBI’s Web site where we do our best to provide you with the latest information about Minnesota’s bowhunting happenings and issues. Minnesota has a rich bowhunting heritage and MBI is proud of its mission to foster, protect and preserve the sport of bowhunting and archery for current and future generations. We can’t do this alone however. In order to be successful we need input, guidance, and assistance from all Minnesota bowhunters. We look forward to hearing from you and to a long and productive relationship. Please consider joining our growing organization because with your support we could do so much more to protect the sport we all treasure.
Who Are We?
Minnesota Bowhunters Inc. (MBI) is a statewide organization that has been representing, protecting, and promoting bowhunting since 1946. MBI is a non-profit organization registered with the IRS as a 501(c)3 and the State of MN. As a community of bowhunters our mission is to ensure that future generations of bowhunters will be able to enjoy the great sport of bowhunting as we have. It is with dedication and commitment to that end that the current board and membership devote our time and talents. It will only be with that same dedication of new and future generations of bowhunters that we will be able to succeed. Maybe the question “Who Are We” can best be answered by saying we are you, the average Minnesota bowhunter. Our strength lies within our membership.
The purpose of MBI shall be to foster, protect and preserve the sport of bowhunting and archery for current and future generations.
- Present our membership’s positions to government officials, departments and legislators.
- Support efforts to increase opportunities for archers to hunt on public and private lands.
- Educate hunters and the general public on the values of archery and hunting.
- Promote and work to maintain high quality wildlife habitat in Minnesota.
- Promote good sportsmanship, good hunting ethics, and safe hunting practices.
- Support enforcement of regulations that curtail the illegal or unethical taking of wildlife.
- Provide opportunities for archers to meet, share experiences, engage in friendly competition and develop a fraternal spirit.